June 22- 25, 2022
Our Women’s Ramble —whether you’re a new rider, or have years experience, is a perfect way to start your summer of adventures.
The Women’s Ramble kicks off the Ramble season with a late Spring ride through Jackson County and the Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests. You’ll ride just about 200 miles, with 15,000 feet of climbing. Our Women’s ride stays at a single camp, riding loops each day. With a focus to newer riders, we’ll have ambassadors from our rides and partners to ride with you if you’re looking to build skills and confidence riding the types of routes that make a Ramble Ride special.
This Ramble will use the same campground for the entire ride, making the camping easier so you can focus on pedaling. And there is a lake to swim in at the end of the day if the weather is warm enough. Plenty of options for riding, hiking or running too.
There are many options for doing shorter rides, or turning back on a loop, but marked daily miles and climbing on this ride:
- Day 1: 52 mi. / 4,012 ft.
- Day 2: 57 mi. / 5,150 ft.
- Day 3: 40 mi. / 3,259 ft.
- Day 4: 40 mi. / 2,669 ft.
This is a great route to test out full bike packing as the milage and climbing are more manageable and what you’d likely ride on a tour. If you’re looking to build confidence gravel riding, or with longer consecutive rides, our Ramble format is a great place to start. This time of year can still be cold in the evenings and mornings, and snow may exist in some areas at higher elevations, though this ride doesn’t top the higher elevations of later rides. We rate a two summit ride. Weather however, can always impact difficulty.
This ride begins in Walden Colorado. Three hours west of Denver.
The Women’s Ramble is also open to those who identify as such.
Ramble Rides are an experience you won’t soon forget. Four days of fantastic riding, three nights of camping with friends. One amazing time.
- A Ramble Ride is a catered and supported event. Want to know more about what a Ramble is? Check it out.
- Camping is provided on the night BEFORE departure. Start locations typically have hotel accommodations if preferred (not included). We provide secure parking for vehicles.
- All meals, drinks, and snacks are provided the morning of departure through arrival back to our start location—more about food on a Ramble.
- Route support staff varies with group size but typically four to five staff, including our lunch stop. Camp staff generally is an additional three to four staff.
- Riders are allowed an 80L camp bag for gear and clothing. We carry your bag to camps. Read more about it here.
- GPS files will be supplied to riders. Routes are marked, but GPS capability recommended.
A Ramble Ride experience is $900 for four days of riding.