July 13-16, 2022
Our Summer Ramble is a classic—also our most challenging. We take advantage of long, warm days with a longer and steeper route.
The Summer Ramble explores Jackson County and the Routt and Medicine Bow National Forests, traveling 270 miles with just under 24,000 feet of climbing. This ride will challenge you. If you’re looking for something a little more mellow, our Summer 2 or Fall rides explore the same area with fewer miles and climbing.
This Summer Ramble will use the same campground for the entire ride, making the camping easier so you can focus on pedaling. And there is a lake to swim in at the end of the day—kind of like summer camp!
Daily miles and climbing on this ride:
- Day 1: 56 mi. / 3,842 ft.
- Day 2: 75 mi. / 7,394 ft.
- Day 3: 70 mi. / 6,503 ft.
- Day 4: 68 mi. / 5,694 ft.
Tough. Are you ready?
With the nature of this route, we recommend taking on the Summer Ramble riding as light as possible. Crush the gravel miles during the day, relax at camp at night. The ride is two point-to-point days and two loop days. Loop days offer you the ability to start a little later and not worry about breaking down or setting up camp. Our hardest days are loop days. We rate a four summit ride.
This ride begins in Walden Colorado. Three hours west of Denver.
Ramble Rides are an experience you won’t soon forget. Four days of fantastic riding, three nights of camping with friends. One amazing time.
- A Ramble Ride is a catered and supported event. Want to know more about what a Ramble is? Check it out.
- Camping is provided on the night BEFORE departure. Start locations typically have hotel accommodations if preferred (not included). We provide secure parking for vehicles.
- All meals, drinks, and snacks are provided the morning of departure through arrival back to our start location—more about food on a Ramble.
- Route support staff varies with group size but typically four to five staff, including our lunch stop. Camp staff generally is an additional three to four staff.
- Riders are allowed an 80L camp bag for gear and clothing. We carry your bag to camps. Read more about it here.
- GPS files will be supplied to riders. Routes are marked, but GPS capability recommended.
A Ramble Ride experience is $900 for four days of riding.