The Oregon Ramble travels through the Ochoco National Forest, starting and ending in Prineville. On the route, we’ll travel through the John Day River Basin, Painted Hills, the town of Mitchell, and back through the National Forest on our way to Prineville.
The ride starts and ends in Prineville OR. 202 miles, 16,957 ft of climbing. See full route here.
- The first night we camp within the Forest boundaries after 71 miles and 6,327 feet of climbing for the day.
- The second night we return to Mitchell and the popular Spoke’n Hostel. The town of Mitchel is a great community and the proprietors of the Hostel are amazing hosts. We look forward to returning and sharing this spot with you. Day two is 73 miles and covers 6,401 feet of climbing.
- The last night on the route, we head back into the Ochoco National Forest on our way back to Prineville. Day three is 58 miles and 4,229 feet of climbing.
On the Ramble you get:
- Kickoff event the night before the ride start.
- 3 days of food. Breakfast and Dinner at camp. Lunch items on the road. Ride food is provided.
- Route support including medical.
- Camping for each night on the ride. Including the pre and post ride evenings.
- Drinks and adult beverages.
- Exclusive discounts and products from our partners.
- End-of-ride dinner and party. Hosted by Good Bike Co. in Prineville OR.
Once purchased, you’ll receive an email receipt and a welcome package will be sent with specific ride information, personal discount codes and all relevant materials.
The Oregon Ramble is a stunner of a route through Central Oregon. True to form, the weather can be fickle so come prepared with warm riding gear. In 2017 we experienced 75 degree sunshine, rain and snow.
Limited to 75 riders
Registration for this 3 day adventure is $400.
Want to get a first hand experience of the Oregon Ramble? Russ and Laura from the Path Less Pedaled came along and recorded their experience for their travel channel. If you’re interested in Bikepacking at all, subscribe to their channel as it’s chock full of great information and tips.